Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bus rides to Canada........



I was awoke this morning by one eager boy, it was the first day of third grade after all, he was bound and determined not to be late, which we made it in plenty of time! I have no clue where this boy gets his stress factor (okay I really do know....he gets it from me, I am a worry wart I can't help it, let's just say I had a warped childhood and it has made me strong, jaded, and a worry wart, but by golly I'm a smartass and I just KNOW folks love that about me, but if they don't love that about me, then I couldn't care any less....or could I?)


On the way in to town Hoss was telling me that Merci (his crush for the past 5 years) had told him over the summer that she was moving to Canada, and he wasn't sure how much fun school was going to be with out her there. Well, we get to his class room, I know it was his class room because I read his name on the list hanging outside the class room door, only thing he knew about the class room was that Merci was in it, her name was the only name he was searching for. So he turns to me and says "I wonder which bus Merci is going to ride on? I don't think Mr. Johnson (his bus driver) picks anyone up in Canada." I didn't say a word, but I think I had a look on my face that he read perfectly, he then said "MOM, I'm serious, and don't laugh." So I didn't laugh, surprising I know!!!


I got back home and woke Braxty-boy up and got him ready for his first day at school ( I should probably also tell you that he slept with his backpack lastnight), I fed him breakfast, and got his things together and he said he wanted to take a lunch with him, I tried to explain to him that he wouldn't be eating lunch today, that we were only going to meet the teacher and turn in his school supplies, he didn't care, so he took them, along with his sunglasses, however I did convince him that the winter mittens he wanted to wear was a bit much. Anyway, we pull up at school and he informs me to just let him out, and give him my cell phone and he will call me when it is over. WHAT??? I let him know real quick that I was going in with him, and if he kept up the big boy act I would make him kiss me infront of everyone, he was like "Okay, momma I will kiss you then you will leave!" Uhhhhh WRONGO!


He met his teachers and was super excited, and super cute, one of the teachers Ms. Beth said "Oh, Braxton I just love your sunglasses" Braxty-boy responded "Well I don't like my eyes to get sunburned" she agreed with him and giggled. Something is wrong with her, she acted like it was going to be fun having all those four year olds at one time! LOL


Pictures from their first day of school......

No comments: