Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Let's play house....."

School is offically underway here in Blue Devil country, and the boys are excited as ever. Hoss has always had a love for learning new things, and is always sad at the end of the year, to the point he usually asks to be held back because he has grown to love his teacher so much, he doesn't want to leave her. Thank goodness Mrs. Roberts (formally Ms. Stowers) agreed to take the kindergarten position, or Hoss would of happily stayed in 2nd grade. Braxty-boy is just as excited as Hoss about school, but so far, for Braxty-boy it's all about eating in the "wunch room", playing on the playground, and getting to ride the "big bus".
We live right off of the highway, and in the mornings the boys have to cross the highway to get on the bus, so being how I am the worry-wart that I am, I always take them of the morning and then they get to ride the "big bus" on the way home. The bus driver, Mr Johnson, is a stinking sweetheart, Hoss just loves him, every year at Christmas he gives all the kids a Christmas card with a dollar in it, and on the last day of school he stops at the snow cone stand and buys all the kids a snow cone, Mr Johnson says "You can't start Summer without a snow cone!" Well no surprise, Hoss agrees.
So, Friday I take the kids to school, I kiss Hoss he goes to his building, and I walk Braxty-boy into his, I sign him in, he puts his backpack in his locker, then the teacher asks me to sign some papers about volunteering, so I start signing my life away to Headstart, and in the back corner is a little kitchen play area, and I hear my child say "Let's play house, I will be the daddy and you and her and her can be the mommies!" I was thinking WHAT THE HELL???, but instead I just signed my life over, because I am hoping my volunteering efforts (community service lol) will help him stay in Headstart.
So, why would my child be wanting to play house with three mommies? Well, I am thinking it's because he is kind hearted child that enjoys sharing, and making everyone feel welcome (like his mother DUH) or this means, he is full of his self, a womanizer, and thinks he has it like that!!! (course that would make him like his father LMAO)

No comments: